Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spoke Too Soon

A few minutes after writing the below post, the possible future employer telephones me. He says that he still has not come up with a proposal, but he has another possible canidiate that can start immediately; whereas, I cannot start until August. He said he hasn't made a decision yet, but would get back to me.

This stinks. I really, really want this job and I wish that I could start tomorrow so there wouldn't be a problem. I understand that he needs someone immediately, but I was really hoping that he would be able to wait on me. I know he hasn't decided, so I should not get down about it... but, let's face it - my odds don't look great.

Looks like I may be back to square one.


change is a good thing said...

I'm a firm believer that all things happen for a reason. If this one doesn't pan out, maybe it's because something better is coming along OR, maybe when you are available, they will have something even better at this place for you. Keep your chin up!

pennypincher said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. They really mean a lot. I too believe that everything happens for a reason.