Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bahamas

Yesterday, the bf came home with some extremely exciting news - his parents want to take us to the Bahamas. Nassau in particular. I have never been to the Bahamas, so this sounds absolutely wonderful to me! I guess some of that "fun in the sun" money is actually going to come into use this summer. There are several things that I need to figure out:
1. Do you need a passport to go to the Bahamas or just a birth certificate? I currently do not have a passport, but need to apply for one as soon as possible if I need one.
2. When we are actually going so I can make sure I have the vacation time put in.
3. How much a plane ticket will be. (I am sure that his parents will pay for mine, but I think this is the least that I can do).
4. And what to pack. (Ha!)

Have any of you ever been to the Bahamas? I would love any tidbits that you might know.

I have decided I am not going to adjust my debt repayment. I am still going to put $566 towards cc debt reduction every month and $334 into my "fun in the sun account." I know that this means that I will probably not meet my goal of $6000 into my ING account this year, but it will definitely be worth it. And you never know, I might come up with some more cash somewhere. Plus, once I get the cc's paid off I can snowflake the remaining money until I reach the $6000 mark then start putting extra on my student loans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes but how is the lemonaide diet going??
xoxo-nklsmom!

pennypincher said...

Ha. Thanks for asking. It is probably the question on everyone's mind.

It went really well until last night around dinner time. I just couldn't hold out any longer! I guess I am just going to have to stick with working out and eating less. Especially now that I am going to the Bahamas. More motivation to look great!