Friday, April 18, 2008

Bikini Time


The bf's parents own a condo in Destin, FL which is about a 5 hour drive for us. It is absolutely amazing. Not only can we go to the beach regularly during the summer (at least until we feel the strain in our pocketbook because of the gas prices), but we have a FREE place to stay. And with going to the beach comes "the bathing suit". I just purchased a new bathing suit with a VS gift card for $25.00. I searched online and found a coupon for $5.00 off, a free beach bag, and free shipping. Hey, you cannot beat that. I cannot even believe that VS has $25 bathing suits. Cute ones at that. My purchase is displayed above! (Hooray for me figuring out one function of this blog).
Needless to say, the bathing suit purchase was the easy part. Now, for the body that goes into that bathing suit. A much bigger dilemma. Don't get me wrong readers, I am not FAT. I don't refer to myself as FAT. I just have a few extra non-toned areas from winter that need to be taken care of since we are planning on going next weekend. So, my short term solution is the Lemon Detox Diet. Have any of you heard about it? Beyonce did it before filming the movie DreamGirls. She lost 20 pounds in two weeks. While I am only hoping to lose 5 pounds in a weeks worth of time, I am going to give it a try. Basically, you eliminate food entirely and drink a concoction consisting of:
2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon. Do not use concentrate or a drink mix, as these contain preservatives.
2 tablespoons of Organic or natural maple syrup. Again, no maple flavored syrups, for reasons above.
1/10th of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, more or less to taste.
Mix above ingredients in 8 oz. of fresh spring water, hot or cold. Enjoy!
I definitely think this is going to a challenge. Especially, since the bf will be eating regularly and I will probably be making his meals. I have willpower and know I can pull this one off. I will post results afterwards.

Let me know if any of you have actually tried this diet, and if it works or if you know someone who has tried this diet. Am I crazy for basically starving myself? Because that is what it seems like I will be doing.

3 comments:

El Cheapo said...

I have friends that have done the lemon and also apple detox diet. They have all lost weight (10 pounds or more) but I'm not sure that it helped much for being more 'toned'.

I think it will be worth a try if for nothing else than the 'detox' aspect of it. All of my friends said they felt extremely better after doing it. Good luck!

HighClassLowIncome said...

I think a diet like this would make you lose pounds, but wouldnt be very healthy for you in the long run? I am sure that once you start eating solid food again your body will not be very happy!

To get more toned you should maybe do a combination of weights and cardio, to get your body fat % lower.

I'm working on the eating aspect of my diet, which is usually the hardest! Working out isn't bad to me.. I'll be going to FL in June so I need to get my act together as well! Have you tried using self tanner? I've noticed when my skin is darker I look slimmer/more toned.

Sam said...

Not so sure this would be the healthiest thing to do. Cutting out all salt/sugar & drinking water would definitely help :)