Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

I was very good this weekend, but I must admit it was because I had a little help. . . my mother came to town!!!!

My mother arrived Thursday afternoon just in time for my 6:00 tennis match. It was fun to have my mother there to watch me play because she is a very talented tennis player so she had a lot of pointers at dinner later that night. I just started playing tennis this year and have been taking lessons. Of course, I make very common mistakes for beginners, but it was interesting to hear how to fix the mishaps.

Friday morning we got up and took the dogs for a walk. I usually take the dogs for about a thirty minute walk. However, my mom and I decided to go an hour. Well, after about 45 minutes, my little baby (he weigh 6.4 pounds) decides that he has had enough and sits down refusing to get up. I ended up having to pick him up and carry him the remainder of the way. It was too cute. He was protesting the walk. Afterwards we went to lunch, and then had a lovely girls day out getting our nails and toes done (mom's treat). Friday night was pretty uneventful. I cooked dinner and then read a book until I feel asleep.

Saturday morning I had my first private tennis lesson (I have been taking group lessons once a week). Then after a little yard work, the bf, my mother and I went to the lake. That made for a very relaxing Saturday afternoon. We cruised the lake on the boat for about 5 hours at which time we were all starving and decided to cook steaks, asparagus, corn and baked potatoes. It was delicious!

Sunday we did it all over again at the lake except this time I got burned. The sacrifices we make to have fun. :)

My mom leaves today after lunch. I hate to see her go. We have such a great time every time she comes to visit. It would be nice if we lived in the same town.

FYI - I had my third no spend day on Sunday!!! Only two more to go to reach this month's challenge of 5 no-spend days. I think next month I may increase the number to 8. I will have to see it I hit my goal this month. Otherwise, it will stay at 5 until I can achieve it.

No comments: