Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chicken Piccata

anja3582 left me several great and easy recipes. I will give them a shot and let everyone know how they turn out. I know that the bf will be glad to eat something new since my recipe collection is rather limited. I finally made the chicken piccata last night. This is the bf's favorite recipe, so I thought I would share it since it is super easy to make and delicious. Of course, I cannot take credit for it, it came from about.com.


6 to 8 chicken breast halves, boneless, no skin (I used chicken strips. They are easier to cook and tend to brown better.)
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chicken broth or water
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 to 8 thin slices of lemon
3 tablespoons capers (optional)

Preparation:
Put chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap; pound to flatten to about 1/4-inch.
In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika; dredge chicken breasts to coat well.
Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté chicken breasts in batches, about 3 minutes on each side.
Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in chicken broth, scraping to loosen browned bits. Add lemon juice and heat through. Return chicken to the skillet with the lemon slices; heat until sauce thickens. Add capers, if using. Serve with your favorite pasta (I love angel hair pasta).

3 comments:

Bugaboo said...

Mmmm, this sounds yummy. Now I'll have to try this one out! Thanks!

Britt said...

This looks awesome. It's gonna be dinner next week!

Bailey said...

Sounds good. Will pass them onto Marti, as I can barley make PB&J! :-)