Monday, June 16, 2008

This Weeks Menu

On the menu this week is:

Monday - Easy Shrimp Dinner
Tuesday - Spaghetti with 4 cheese Texas toast
Wednesday - Hot dogs and french fries
Thursday - Fettuccine Alfredo
Friday - Southern Shrimp and Grits
Saturday - Going over to old roommates new house for dinner

I am really trying to plan out my weekly meals and go to the grocery store once a week. I am hoping this helps my budget. My usual routine was to just go to the grocery store and try to put together enough stuff to last at least two weeks if not the whole month. Not only did I waste a lot of food this way, but I tended to buy things that I still have yet to used in an actual meal. And I had to make several trips to the grocery store every week to pick up items that I had forgotten. My new plan is to make a weekly menu and only buy what is necessary for that menu. This plan has worked much better over the past few weeks. I am actually eating everything in my fridge and not over-spending.

No comments: