Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

This weekend is going to be expensive. Sunday is father's day and my father is coming to visit for the entire weekend. Which means that I am treating him all weekend. We are attending a mini music festival, Jubilee Jam, which is our annual father's day weekend activity. We both really enjoy music and take every opportunity to listen to music live. Tickets for the weekend are $40 in advance (this is a little misleading because with all fees attached they are actually $46.50 with cash or $48.90 if paid by credit card) and $50 for a weekend pass at the gate. I have not decided which tickets I am going to purchase yet. With gas prices at $3.87, by the time that I went to the bank to withdraw the money and went to the ticketmaster office in my area, I will have sent the money saved on gas. On the other hand, it sure would be nice to have the tickets on hand and not have to wait in line to get in the gate.

Tickets - $100.00.

Next, I must budget in food and drinks for the weekend. We are planning on eating both days before going to the festival so that should save us a little money. But drinks at the festival are going to be rather expensive and with it being at least 92 degrees outside we are going to be thirsty. Thus, for Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner and Sunday breakfast I am going to try and stay within $100.00 and budget $25 for drinks at the festival.

Food/drinks - $125.00

I already bought his father's day gift, a shirt, while in the Bahamas so that money is being taken out of my travel fund. So, the grand total for the weekend - $225.00

I will let everyone know how I do on Monday!

2 comments:

Sallie's Niece said...

Jeez, now I feel like a bad daughter because I didn't cough up the $4.80 to express mail my father a card today. It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned though, enjoy!

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.