Monday, June 9, 2008

Getting Back on Track

The bf and I made it back from 7 days in the Bahamas with his family late yesterday afternoon. I have to admit, it was the best vacation that I have ever taken. The most relaxing part was not having to make any decisions and just being able to go with the flow of things. It did take all of my travel fund, but it was worth every penny. The Bahamas is absolutely the most beautiful place. If you haven't been and ever get the opportunity to go - DO NOT miss the trip.

While there we ate some of the best food. We went to the only 5 star restaurant on the island, tried the local cuisine (conch), and even cooked out one night. We went snorkeling, visited Atlantis, and soaked up the sun on the beach. We were there for their Labor Day - June 6th and got to attend a parade. We even shopped a little downtown. It is hard to believe that the week is already over. I guess the saying is true - Time flys when you are having fun!

I wholeheartedly agree with all the pf bloggers who have mentioned that spending their money on experiences rather than things means more to them. I wouldn't give up this experience or memory with my bf for anything. This is a trip we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

With that week behind me, it is time to get back on track with my budget. As I explained in an earlier post, I am not very good as keeping receipts on vacation. And this vacation was not any different. However, because the money came out of my travel fund and not my monthly budget - it does not make any difference. Starting today, I am going to keep track of the rest of the month. NO excuses.

Also, now that I am back I hope to make more regular posts.

1 comment:

Sallie's Niece said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! I would love to go to the Bahamas one day! I love vacations and should really start a vacation fund too!