Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Weekend Single

I had a really good weekend staying busy and trying to remember that I am now officially SINGLE. On Friday night, I decided to stay in town and go out with the old roommate. The party that she basically had to "drag" me to ended up being a lot of fun. I met several people that she works with and their friends. It was great to get out of the house and not have to sit at home worrying that my life is a disaster. I even met a HOTT Ortho doctor. While he didn't get my number, I had a good time visiting nonetheless and he wasn't hard on the eyes. A welcomed distraction!

On Saturday morning I drove home in just enough time to get ready and head to the La Tech/Miss State football game. If you can believe it, La Tech beat Miss State 22 - 14. It was a close game that had the stadium packed until the very last hike of the football. Afterwards, it was late so I headed back to my mother's house to visit.

On Sunday, the family drove over to Shreveport to go boating and cook out for the Labor Day holiday. I attempted to wake board and got up on the very first time. This is something new for me because until this weekend I would have never attempted to wake board. I was too much of a chicken and afraid of failure. But I DID IT!

Monday morning, I got up early and headed back home. I wanted to leave Louisiana before the hurricane affected the northern area where I am from. Good thing I did too because my parents have been stuck without electricity, and I am at work. Once home, I had four friends come over for drinks and to play games. It was another welcomed distraction. I cannot allow myself idle time right now. I need to put myself out there and hope for the best. Thanks for all the support lately from my great readers......Even though I don't know any of you personally, your words work incredible miracles. They soothe my heart and let me know that I am not alone in my feelings.

3 comments:

A. Marigold said...

Good job keeping busy! I've always found grief to be easier to deal with when it is postponed. Not forever, of course, but just bit of distance between the trauma and the fallout works wonders.

Britt said...

Wakeboarding is hard! I'm terrible.

Glad you pulled through your first weekend with good times. Sounds like you have some good friends in your corner. As always, love from blogland!

Crystal said...

I'm glad to read that you had a good weekend with both your friends and family. It's going to be tough, but you can handle it, hang in there.