Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Going Out

I always thought being in a relationship was tough on my pocketbook. The "ex" and I had plans every weekend (usually traveling somewhere) and ate out a lot. Even when we weren't eating out, we still prepared lunches and dinners everyday, but being single again is just as expensive. Last night my roommate and I went out for dinner and drinks. We had a great time chatting and enjoying ourselves. My total at the end of the night was $10.58. While that is not too bad, if it becomes an every night occurrence it could start to catch up to me. I just don't want to sit at home and "think." I am relatively young -26, single, and hoping to discover how to be alone.

I am not sure what I have planned for tonight, but I am going to lunch with a friend. Then tomorrow, I am treating myself to a mani and pedi. I plan on hitting the town this weekend and need to look HOT. So, as of now, my blog is going to be about the cost of being single and discovering myself. Don't worry, I won't forget about savings and retirement, but they will just be on the back burner for a few weeks.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I kept seeing your "mid-life crisis' remarks... since your only 26 - try "quarter-life crisi"... I have some friends going through the same thing, that's what we all call it!