Friday, August 22, 2008

Hearing - Part II

I had my very first hearing in front of a Chancellor this morning. And guess what...it wasn't as bad as I had expected. I know everyone was telling me that it wasn't a big deal and that I would do fine, but those people had a significant amount of hearings under their belt. This was my very first one. The chancellor was very nice, I had all my ducks in a row, and she signed off on all the appropriate paperwork. I filed it with the chancery clerk's office and voila, my first case is under way! Oh the little things that bring me joy in life. This was made even more exciting by the fact that when I got to the car, the bf had left me a text message wishing me luck. That really made me smile.

Afterwards, on my way back to the office, I decided to stop by my last office that I left three weeks ago. It seems that I got out just in the nick of time. There was been drama, drama, and more drama, since I left. And let me tell you, I do not particularly like drama. I tend to prefer, peace and harmony. Ha.

Let me not kid myself though, I have not had peace and harmony at my new job either. Well, I take that back, in the office it has been very peaceful and harmonious, but the clients always call in an uproar and want to curse you out. What can I expect...they hired me because they were in a bind in the first place. Ha. However, it has been very interesting and full of experiences since I have arrived and I thank God everyday for making this an easy choice for me. I am super glad that I picked this firm over the others to come work for even if I lost out on potentially ($15K extra a year). Money isn't everything, right? My happiness has to count for something.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! My 3 year old niece is coming to stay the weekend so I am sure it will be interesting and exhausting.

1 comment:

Britt said...

I'm glad it went so well! Just think, you'll never have to do that first one again! Have a great weekend with your niece!