Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Free Jewelry

I didn't have the turn out that I expected last night. I don't know whether people just don't have the money to spend on jewelry so would rather not attend and therefore not feel obligated to buy or whether it just wasn't a good night or whether my friends just really aren't good friends after all. I am hoping it was one of the first two and not the last. However, out of the 5 girls that I did have show up, they really spent the dough. I ended up having $760 of jewelry purchased; thus, giving me $380 in FREE JEWELRY.

That is where the sales pitch comes in because it wasn't exactly free. I had to pay taxes and shipping. The shipping wouldn't have been so bad, but the taxes on $380 are a bit steep. All in all, I spent $93.60. This money is definitely coming out of next month's shopping budget as I have depleted all of this month's budget. So, I put it on a credit card. OUCH... At least I will get rewards from my credit card and can pay it back before interest kicks in.

On the bright side, I got 17 pieces of jewelry for $93.60. I am excited to add this jewelry to my wardrobe as I hardly have any jewelry at all.

No comments: