Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Breathe

I cannot even begin to relay what a big difference this job is from my last job. My last job at the Court was not stressful at all, 35 hours a week, minimal work, slow, easy, and steady. This new job however, is none of those things. It is fast paced, exciting, challenging, mind-boggling, and a whole lot of fun. I have not gotten home before 7:00 after getting in at 8:00 that morning. I have been working non-stop and loving every minute of it. I definitely think that I have picked the right firm to work for and could not be happier with my decision. I now understand what people mean when they say, sometimes you just have to put it down and go home. I could be in this office non-stop for the rest of my life and never take a break. There is just that much to do. And boy does it make the day go by faster.

I LOVE the people in the office. They are helpful, understanding, courteous, and fun to be around. We laugh, joke, and are serious when something is urgent and needs to be done. I have been given my very first client of my own and actually had to call them today. But I was ready. I am ready to gain experience and begin the start of my career. And I am so glad to have family and friends that support that decision.

My father sent me flowers on my first day of work, and what a difference that made. To know that I have his support and that he knew this was going to be a stressful day for me. My mind has been running non-stop. I cannot seem to get a good night's rest because all the things that I have to do the next day are running though my head. Can you tell that I am excited? This is what I have been waiting for!!!!

2 comments:

QL girl said...

That is so awesome...congrats!

Right now I'm experiencing the opposite. I drag myself here in the morning and then I rush out as soon as I reasonably can. I'm just not feeling it anymore. Luckily I have the option to switch positions in a couple of months. =]

Britt said...

Congratulations my dear! That is fantastic news. Sounds like it's just the place for you!