Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend Recap

Last week on Monday, the boss came in and let all of us off for Good Friday. That was great news for me because that meant that I got to make the drive to my parents house a day earlier and spend more time with them. My little brother was in town with my niece who is 2 1/2 years old and a complete handful. But, I love to spend any minute I can with her because they live 9 hours from me and 6 from my parents. So, Thursday evening after work, I hopped into the car and headed west.

Before leaving for the weekend, I made a call to my mother to inquire as to the price of gas. Her report $3.04. I decided that I would wait to get to her house before filling up even though it was only $3.05 here. BIG mistake. By the time that I arrived at her house, gas prices had jumped to $3.18. WOW. I refuse to pay that! I decided to proceed a little further to my dad's house which is about another hour west. Better choice. Gas was $3.08. 10 cents less so I filled up for a grand total of $43.95.

Since my parents pretty much pay for everything while I am in town, I got off pretty cheap. I had to mail my first DVD sold on Half.com which cost me $1.81. I bought the bf meat pies for $9.66 and some candy and a card for our anniversary at Walgreens for $8.23.

Thus, I spent $63.65 for the weekend. I am still underbudget so far for the month of March, but I am going to have to be very frugal for the rest of the week and next weekend. When there are 5 weekends in a month, money gets tight.

No comments: