Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bummed

I am bummed today. I was supposed to be going to New Orleans this weekend with a friend of mine from the same town and meeting two other friends down there. Well today, I text messaged my friend in town and asked her to call me after 5 so that we can discuss weekend plans. I get a text message back that she can no longer go because her baby has been sick all week, causing her to miss work, and now she doesn't have the money. While I am sympathetic to the fact that she has a sick baby, I am now the one out of a lot of money. I was the one that purchased our tickets, which she was supposed to pay me back on the way down, I am now the one that has to drive to New Orleans not only by myself, but fork over the gas money, hotel money and her ticket money. After mentioned all this to her all she can say is "Sorry." She didn't even offer to pay a cent. What bothers me the most is that she didn't even call to let me know that she couldn't make it so that I could sell her concert ticket, find another friend to go with me or at least allow me time to save more money. We are talking two days before leaving and I am just now finding out. I am not quite sure what I am going to do about the whole situation. I don't want to have a miserable time because I haven't saved enough money, but I don't want to spend more than I budgeted for either and put myself in debt. I am very upset right now.

1 comment:

Sunflowers said...

Oh no! :( That really sucks. I know it's last minute, but you can't find anyone else to come? If not, she should still pay her share! In installments, if she has to. That's not fair to you at all.