Friday, May 9, 2008

Feeling left behind

Krystal @ Give me back my five bucks had a post recently that really touched base with me. I too tend to feel left behind compared to some of my friends. Every couple that the bf and I hang out with are all married, own their own house, and at least contemplating having children. While not all of my college friends are in that situation, most of them don't live in the same vicinity.

I have had a steady job for the past two years and still do not have a down-payment for a house, or even a car loan. I am still driving the car I had in college (7 years old) and renting a duplex with no immediate plans to move. While I am in a serious relationship, we are not engaged and that nixes even the thought of children. Sometimes I just wonder what my life would be like if I had all of those things. But, I have made the decisions not to do some of those things because I would rather be debt free before taking on more obligations. Who knows, those friends may be over their heads and barely making it. The grass always looks greener on the other side!

No comments: